Before beginning any restoration, due to unique behaviors of smoke and fire, it is critical to have a trained, experienced, certified professional technician who knows how to inspect the fire damage repairs.
Smoke rises to upper levels and cooler areas of the building. Smoke can travel through ventilation systems and pipes.
The restoration project can be affected by the type of smoke and severity, there are a few different types of smoke:
- Dry fire – Reaches very high temperatures and fast burning
- Fuel Oil Soot – Fuel Oil Soot is caused by furnaces
- Wet fire – Horrible Odor, Low Heat, Smoldering, sticky and humid
- Protein fire – Varnishes and stains, causes paint discoloration, virtually invisible, intense strong odor
We will then inspect the building searching for the smoke odor to determine which type of fire took place.
Once the type of smoke is determined the inspection will begin. During the inspection we will determine the most effective cleaning and what contents can be restored and what contents need to be replaced.
When Elite Restoration is called in for Fire Mitigation services for any Fire Damage Restoration job, our #1 goal is “to make it like it never happened!”
Fire Damage Restoration
- 24/7 Emergency Board-Up Services
- Moving and packing of Contents
- Plumbing and Heating Systems Winterization
- Debris Removal and Clean up
- Exterior and Interior Painting
- Itemized and Detailed Estimates
- Furniture Refinishing and Repair
- Restoration and Cleaning of Electronics
- Shrink Wrapping/Tarp for Roof Structure
- Structural Restoration
- Guaranteed Odor Control
- Soft Goods and Clothing Decontamination